Alumni Management Services
News, networks, directories, fundraising...
• A Journalmaker™ Application
Comprehensive Alumni Sites
- you are in control; your site's content belongs to you
- not merely "hosting" (empty space on someone's web server)
- no special hardware, software or "webmaster" needed
- works correctly immediately on setup; begin adding news and member information right away
- new content appears immediately; no uploading of pages
- supported technically by professionals with decades of data management experience
- multiple revenue opportunies
- no one stands between you and your members; we establish your site and get out of your way
- alumni roster tool (member management) with individual
- audio/video embedding
- ...and more!
- editor's blog (newsletter)
- calendar tool
- forms tool (create forms, surveys)
- photo gallery
- enhanced roster tool with activity badges, multiple contacts, contact relationships...
- sponsor directory tool for revenue development
- optional: member networking; your members can have their own "sites" within the magazine; sites include web log and small picture gallery and can be expanded to comprehensive personal web sites
Service starts at $29.95 per month plus per-enrollee charges of $0.05 (five cents) per member per month, based on the prior month after implementation from $99 to $695 depending on the degree of customization. Certain upgrades, or exceptionally high traffic may incur unit charges based on volume, and storage and bandwidth charges. Ask your representative for details and a quote.
Hit the ground running! For these modest fees you get a complete online magazine, ready to accept your content IMMEDIATELY after your order is processed.
We will initialize service based on one of our standard templates. Tell us your preferred color scheme and provide your image graphics; we will adapt your organization's imagery for the site and hand over to your editor a fully configured magazine ready to receive your alumni directory data and news articles. Your site will be functional with news and roster available the next business day after your order is processed. Content can be added immediately, and appearance can be modified to create a unique site for your members.
Do you want a more customized approach, or do you wish to move an existing site to our platform? If you have existing data we may be able to pre-install it from your database or text files. We charge an hourly or daily design fee depending on the size of the project. For this you get a complete, individualized site, professionally designed in consultation between your management and our technical team. Use your own artwork or let us create an image for you. We've done custom sites valued from $1,000 to over $10,000. (Of course, you can start with a standard layout and reconfigure later.)
|Revenue||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|Editorial||0.1||3,600|| 3,600 || 3,600 |
|Net revenue per member||$9.17||$10.23||$10.57|
|Total cost per member per month||$0.24||$0.15||$0.12|
As shown in the table, an average-sized association can obtain a surplus that can be used for alumni benefits, scholarships or other purposes you define. Even a small organization will pay under a quarter a month for the standard service.
Site and Data Conversion
If you have an existing site or data, text and graphics in any electronic medium, we can help you convert that content to your new site. We charge an hourly rate for data conversion that could save you many hours of data entry. Ask your representative for details.
We also provide special ad hoc
services for reunions of all kinds. Family and organizational web sites, rosters and mailing lists lie within our staff's decades of professional service experience.
Current or recent examples include:
- Temple City Schools 50th Anniversary
- Fifty years after incorporating the school district, citizens are planning a community celebration.
- We're helping with outreach and communications. That means mailing lists, web site, graphics, and general planning and logistics. We can help you plan and develop your event or organization.
- Class of 1994
- One school makes individual sites available to classes; they share the common school alumni roster.
Recurrent monthly service fees are payable in advance by automated subscription. Member management is billed monthly based on the maximum number of enrollees in the prior month.
All sites use our Sitemaker-Journalmaker™ publishing systems. All include a newsletter, image gallery and directory, with generous limits on content volume and transmission. Although you can make your site match the imagery of your school or association with complete control over color, font, text, graphics, etc., no webmaster is required; all your content can be created using page templates and simple forms.
Just point, click and publish!